For Derby City residents, not Derbyshire County, who may want an interpreter for hobbies or for example to access puppy training sessions,(things which are available in the county but do not have interpreters as standard in the city) maybe eligible for a Personal Budget.

To be assessed and checked for your eligibility,  you need to contact Derby City Council, Deaf team in the Council to make an application for money to use towards the cost of any support you need.  It is known as a personal budget.

If you are eligible for support from the council then a personal budget allows you to spend the money allocated for that support in a way that best suits you, to help you to stay as independent as possible. You can contact Communication Unlimited and we will book interpreters for your needs

For more information about personal budgets visit: